She Enlightens

Sexism Illustrated

2019-09-24 19:16 #0 by: Leia

I stumbled across this fantastic article detailing 'damianimated' illustrations that depict how young boys develop sexism from seemingly small interactions with adults. 

It shares a new way of thinking about our everyday actions while simultaneously reflecting the negatives of toxic masculinity.

Photo by Kobu Agency on Unsplash

All the best, Leia

Host of  Gluten-Free Living | News  | English Language Heart

2019-09-26 15:59 #1 by: Evelina

That’s interesting!

Although not the same thing, I remember in grade school a few different occasions with different teachers and my peers. In one way or another it was made clear that I shouldn’t hang out some of my friends based on the color of their skin. It was really sad and I was so young too all I could think was “why on earth would I not hang out with said person, I like them?” In one instance, it was a new girl who didn’t speak much English and she didn’t have any friends so I hung out with her and my friends made fun of me. It’s terrible that discrimination, racism and sexism is “taught” to kids by these sorts of social behaviors.

Become a member

To participate in the discussion, you must first become a member. It is quick, simple and free. The membership gives you access to all our communities.